Master of cinematic grandeur, Pop-Rock Vocalist and Actress Lea Rundblad, is one of the most intriguing artists to emerge from the New York scene in recent years. Her story in music began in 2008, after the passing of her father, she left her career in Fashion to work in music full time. Lea founded the band Quimera Music, and set out to balance the best aspects of rock, pop and cinema music. Quimera Music was active from 2009-2013. Her first album “Love and Madness” (were she collaborated with various composers) was released relatively under the radar, with the Argentinian label Twilight Records. It wasn’t until the release of her second (double) album titled “IMMORTAL”, now working exclusively with Swedish composer Patrick Rundblad, that she was greeted with nods from music critics and fans from many corners of the globe.
After four years with her band, Lea set out to pursue a solo career and to continue evolving her music as well as wetting her feet as an actress. Armed with single releases, music videos and cameos in film soundtracks, Lea and Patrick began writing and recording her debut solo album titled ‘VISITOR’, which released May 24, 2016.
As of 2018, Lea is working on her craft as an Actress, and soon will make her debut in the field.
• Before dedicating to music professionally, Dalea was a professional fashion designer in New York City (DKNY, Vanity Fair) and before that, a Runway Model
• When her double album "Immortal" released (2012), it was leaked online. It had over 68,000 illegal downloads before link was found and disabled
• Dalea has a genetic marker called 'Androgen insensitivity syndrome', she is female but has XY Chromosomes.
• Dalea is the founder of the inspiration and information campaign Girl Comet (founded in May 2014) She has been featured in Magazines as COSMOPOLITAN, LATINA USA, NPR Radio and UK's VADA, among others
• Her singing voice has been featured in independent films (Jesus The Desire of Ages, Somewhere In Between) and in meditation programs
• Dalea is a speaker on inspiration and diversity, she has been featured in Universities (NYU, UCLA) and Radio (NPR Latino USA)
• Dalea splits her time between LA, NY and Sweden